10/9/11

I have a large fibroid in my uterus and do not want to get a hysterectomy, anyone had one removed?


I have a large fibroid in my uterus and do not want to get a hysterectomy, anyone had one removed?
Best answer:
I have uterine fibroids as well. Almost a year ago I had a laproscopic surgery to remove some endometriosis I had and althought it ended up painful for me (because my stitches wwent in and got an infection in my incision) it was not too bad besides that. The doctor did not remove my fibroids because he wanted to know for sure which one was causing my specific sort of pain. (Which it is much better by the way) And he said that if he were to remove the fibroids, he would do a laparotomy (A little bit bigger surgery than the laproscopic so it would require a little more down time.) Well, I don't know if this was of any help, but I know I was happy of my decision to go through with my surgery.

The Incredible Case of the Woman with Seven Uteruses
fibroid uterus

Image by bloody marty mix


I have been diagnosed with a anteverted uterus and intramural fibroid on the right lateral wall of my uterus?
Best answer:
Well if you were diagnosed then your doctor should be able to give you those facts a find a way to help you. If not, get a second opinion and drop that doctor.Let's see if I can help. Anteverted uterus refers to the direction the top of the uterus is pointing. Some are anteverted and some are retroverted. Anteverted is the most common and acceptable position of the uterus. This implies that the top is towards your front, or tummy. So there is nothing wrong with that. It is completeley normal--now on to the fibroid issue.

Fibroids

Fibroids, or myomas, are growths or benign tumours that form inside the uterus (womb). Around four in 10 women over the age of 40 will have fibroids. No one knows why fibroids develop, but it is suspected that the sex hormones - oestrogen and progesterone - play significant roles. This is because fibroids rarely grow in prepubescent girls and postmenopausal women. Pre-existing fibroids stop growing, and may even shrink, once a woman passes the menopause. Fibroids often cause no problems, but may occasionally be associated with infertility, miscarriage and premature labour. Other possible problems include heavy, lengthy and painful periods. Treatment depends on the size, number and location of the fibroids, but may include drugs and surgery. Fibroids rarely turn cancerous.
.
Different types
Fibroids are categorised by their location, which includes:
Intramural - growing in the uterine wall. Intramural fibroids are the most common variety.
Submucosal - growing in the uterine lining (endometrium). This type tends to cause excessive menstrual bleeding and period pain.
Subserosal - growing on the exterior wall of the uterus. They sometimes appear like long stalks

Generally speaking if it doesn't bother you too much, just let it be.





Orignal From: I have a large fibroid in my uterus and do not want to get a hysterectomy, anyone had one removed?

1 comment:

  1. Fibroid breast tumors are prone to very quick growth in pregnant women, in whom estrogen levels are high.
    uterine fibroid treatment

    ReplyDelete